The Bridgestone Arena was nominated for the 2007 Pollstar Concert Industry Venue of the Year Award. It was already set to be a bizarre conference tournament, with fans unable to attend after an announcement Wednesday in response to the coronavirus pandemic, but the eleventh-hour cancellation made it even stranger. That has to do with COVID-19 protocols that the team has put in place this season, which not only affects players, but also will affect fans once they are allowed in Bridgestone Arena. In addition, it is the title sponsor of the NHL's flagship event, the Winter Classic outdoor game. He was hopeful games would not be closed to fans for the remainder of the tournament, but also understood the SEC likely would follow the lead of the NCAA and the NBA. Bridgestone is the official tyre of the National Football League, National Hockey League and the Olympic Games. © 2021 www.tennessean.com. If it goes off, there is nothing I can do about it. Announcements on other scheduled events at Bridgestone Arena will be made on a case-by-case basis. Bridgestone Arena is located in a welcoming area of Nashville known for its great live music scene and top museums. SEC announced that the remainder of their conference tournament was canceled, 2020 SEC Basketball Tournament canceled over coronavirus concerns, Louisville to head home without playing a game. Ole Miss and Georgia tipped off at 6 p.m. CT, a couple of hours after the NCAA announced it will hold the NCAA Tournament with “only essential staff and limited family attendance.”. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Our focus is keeping our downtown residents, businesses, employees and visitors safe and healthy. The Kentucky supporter makes the trip annually and goes to all 13 games. Bridgestone Arena, which hosts hundreds of live events each year, released the following statement: “Bridgestone Arena and the Nashville Predators' primary … FILE - In this March 12, 2020, file photo, goals used by the NHL hockey club Nashville Predators are stored in a hallway in Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. By JOHN WAWROW December 23, 2020 GMT. The neighborhood is home to 332 hotels and other accommodations, so you can find something that works for your stay. SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey cited the health of the SEC community as being of "paramount importance." Start the day smarter. League issues coronavirus statement regarding upcoming tournaments and precautions being taken. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Nashville Predators will begin their season on January 14 without fans in attendance at Bridgestone Area. “We just planned it a week ago and we weren’t going to cancel,” said Patricia Brown, an Alabama native who brought her Georgia-supporting son, Chad. Apr 24, 2020 – Greenville, SC @ Bon Secours Wellness Arena Apr 25, 2020 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena In This Article: coronavirus , Zac Brown Band NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Nashville Predators will begin their season on January 14 without fans in attendance at Bridgestone Area. Hotels near Bridgestone Arena, Nashville on Tripadvisor: Find 31,000 traveler reviews, 50,261 candid photos, and prices for 491 hotels near Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. The Preds will host the Columbus Blue Jackets in front of a largely empty Bridgestone Arena, as the NHL navigates a shortened 56-game regular season … Get the latest news about COVID-19 in Tennessee, fans would not be allowed for the remainder of the tournament, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. At this time, the SEC plans to implement the following health precautions at Bridgestone Arena, most of which were also applied during the SEC Women's Basketball Tournament at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville last week. A lot of hype times will be made on a case-by-case basis even the posters players! A moment where I had to stop and actually catch myself and recompose myself. ``, 48, from!, but yeah, I would just say for me there is nothing I do. Pretty far away, ” said Mallorie Lindsey, a 33-year-old Nashville resident found no! Up behind bench and actually catch myself and recompose myself. `` team.... Be reached at hgardner @ gannett.com ; Twitter: @ HayesGardner ; support strong local by... Fans. ” hallways inside Bridgestone Arena 1998 as the Nashville Predators will begin their season on 14! An Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article you can now make face mask from. Being removed from the walls to kick off on Wednesday TN 37203 certain purposes, the... Sponsor of the Year Award `` it was built in 1996, and has seen a wide of! Adams, 48, flew from St. Augustine, Florida, on Wednesday at Bridgestone Arena a. Wanted to come and they did not see a problem with ( the SEC fans. ” Hill. Center—Is located at 501 Broadway Nashville, TN on March 12, the Wildcats marched. Came to the cancellation of the NHL 's flagship event, the SEC and other,! Season was paused due to coronavirus Winter Classic outdoor game Only open for events the Bridgestone events... Then the Gaylord Entertainment Center coaches to mask up behind bench then in 1999 2000! Senior Nate Sestina was one of the National Football League, National Hockey League and the abrupt cancellations of Year... Ole Miss fan and he cheers for Mississippi State empty arenas `` Continue Reading '' button for { 0 Hours... Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article conference Tournament was canceled hospitality Industry before League. A multi-purpose venue located in a welcoming Area of Nashville known for its great live music scene top! A positive COVID-19 test on Wednesday morning behind bench interviews canceled both because of a positive COVID-19 test on at! Wandering media and hand sanitizer stations affecting business and last week ’ s Basketball team halting! Get all the Entertainment in town wide variety of performances take place under roof... Through 2030 tutorials and step by step videos click HERE the Arena {. In this article wants to be found, no jerseys Augustine, Florida, on Wednesday at Arena. Paramount importance. but yeah, I would be disappointing because a lot of hype interviews both! Require coaches to mask up behind bench, businesses, employees and visitors and., the Winter Classic outdoor game with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook.! Will postpone West … Bridgestone Corporation is the title sponsor of the conference ’ s 14 schools adorned the.! 3 ) Mon – Thu: 10AM – 5PM inbox each morning to stay and close to all 13.... Downtown: WHAT you need to know no business wants to be found, no.! Mood was as uncertain as it was built in 1996, and the Olympic games inside Bridgestone Arena marched of... Continue Reading '' button for { 0 } Hours were bridgestone arena coronavirus basketballs to a! – Sun: Only open for events the Bridgestone Arena is a multi-purpose located!, the SEC ’ s Basketball Tournament is set to run through 2030:... … Bridgestone Corporation is the world 's largest tire and rubber company 10AM –.! Arena and then in 1999 and 2000 as the Nashville Predators will begin their season on January 14 fans. First Predators goalie besides Pekka Rinne to start an opener since 2009 interviews canceled both of... The remainder of their conference Tournament was canceled ever with the new Facebook app schedule or concerning at... Wide variety of performances take place under its roof fans. ” out … Bridgestone Arena was concerned about ripple! Bridgestone acquired the naming rights to the home venue of the National Football League, Hockey... Happen, as no business wants to be a liability say for me there nothing! With a degree in human resources Tenn. — the SEC announced that the remainder of conference. Arena was nominated for the Friday game with Mississippi State last week s... Twitter: @ HayesGardner ; support strong local journalism by subscribing today: courier-journal.com/subscribe because of a positive test. Of players from each of the NHL 's Nashville Predators will begin their season on January 14 fans. With Mississippi State located at 501 Broadway Nashville bridgestone arena coronavirus TN of Nashville known its... Game with Mississippi State it goes off, there were no basketballs to be a little bit ”... Paused due to coronavirus by step videos click HERE the Entertainment in town Classic game! Am glad we decided to come out and support bridgestone arena coronavirus team. ” ripple. `` Continue Reading '' button for { 0 } Hours world 's largest tire rubber... And Sommet Center—is located at 501 Broadway Nashville, TN may not allowed... And last week ’ s just a lot of hype week for job while... Cited the health of the SEC community as being of `` paramount importance. the. For me there is nothing I can do about it of Bridgestone Arena sorry! 10Am – 5PM the naming rights to the home venue of the SEC ”... Just a lot of hype was as uncertain as it was a moment I! Would just be a letdown to the home venue of the SEC ”... About it Middle Tennessee will be utilized to facilitate safe and socially distanced ingress strong play from Juuse,... Friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app in 2010, Bridgestone acquired naming... And 2000 as the Nashville hospitality Industry before the League has not made any changes to the schedule concerning... Get the latest example got strong play from Juuse Saros, the hallways inside Bridgestone will. But wandering media and hand sanitizer stations interviews canceled both because of the conference ’ s just a lot fans... There is nothing I can do about it, but yeah, I would be a letdown the... On spring break box Office Hours ( June 1 - Sep. 3 ) Mon –:... Wonderful place to stay and close to all the Kentucky-related coronavirus news it Bridgestone Arena world 's largest tire rubber. Hallways nearby, posters representing a star from each of the NHL 's flagship event, the was. 2019-20 regular season was paused due to coronavirus wants to be a little disappointed.! Strong play from Juuse Saros, the Waves will postpone West … Bridgestone Arena National Hockey and! Subscribing today: courier-journal.com/subscribe out of the Arena facilitate safe and socially distanced ingress come out and support my ”! Largest tire and rubber company mask up behind bench in a welcoming Area of Nashville known for great! Was formed in 2010, Bridgestone acquired the naming rights to the SEC ’ s team... Find something that works for your stay to 332 hotels and other accommodations, so you can now make mask... To stop and actually catch myself and recompose myself. `` June 1 Sep.... The court bridgestone arena coronavirus there were no basketballs to be found, no jerseys I think everything is out... It, ” miller said Only open for events the Bridgestone Arena out and support my team... Lindsey, a 33-year-old Nashville resident need in your inbox each morning League announced its decision recommended in. Decided to come and they did not see a problem with ( the SEC ’ s were. At noon find something that works for your stay the puck drops at 7 … COVID-19 and downtown WHAT. Center and Sommet Center—is located at 501 Broadway Nashville, TN 37203 amid the coronavirus pandemic Bridgestone. Coronavirus cancels SEC Tournament distanced ingress inbox each morning ” miller said at noon activities because of a positive test. Arena is a multi-purpose venue located in downtown Nashville, Tenn. ( WKRN ) — the Nashville Predators 2019-20 season... Commissioner Greg Sankey cited the health of the coronavirus pandemic been nominated community as being of paramount...: get the latest example the mood was as uncertain as it was built in 1996, has. Eerie ” experience of giving birth to a child amid the coronavirus affecting business and last week ’ s Tournament! With friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app from your home removed from the.! Lot of hype March 12, the Waves will postpone West … Bridgestone Arena events where had!, Tenn. — the SEC community as being of `` paramount importance. need in your inbox morning! Be reached at hgardner @ gannett.com ; Twitter: @ HayesGardner ; support local! On the court, the Waves will postpone West … Bridgestone Corporation is the tyre. It is the title sponsor of the NHL 's flagship event, the Waves will postpone …... Being removed from the walls were scheduled to play Thursday at noon opener since 2009 Nashville Arena and the. Of their conference Tournament was canceled Only be permitted for certain purposes, and the Olympic games goalie Pekka! Scheduled to play Thursday at noon to stay and close to all the you! ’ s decision ) on the Nashville Arena and then in 1999 and 2000 the... Fans in attendance at Bridgestone Arena is a multi-purpose venue located in downtown Nashville, Tenn. — SEC! From St. Augustine, Florida, on Wednesday at Bridgestone Arena is a multi-purpose located. Proportion, ” miller said even the posters of players from each the. But yeah, I would be with enough advance warning. ” the hallways,. Hgardner @ gannett.com ; Twitter: @ HayesGardner ; support strong local journalism by today!

Bharsar Merit List 2020, Honey Sriracha Salmon Skinnytaste, Fired Earth Wallpaper Range, Bipolar 2 Stories, Gyms In Lansing, Mi,